Do not use Generic Logotypes!
When it comes to designing a logo, it must be a original and unique design. Any cliched elements used in logos are bound to make a bad impression about the logo design and the company behind it. To avoid generic logos, make sure you identify it clearly. A logo must be able to draw your potential customers attention to your business. And this can be achieved with a unique logo design concept…
A logo is the first impression of your brand.This first impression is the most important thing. People get to know about how serious you are regarding your business just by looking at your logo design. It is essential that you create a unique best logo design is unique so that it stays in the minds of the people. Think of all the top brands and you will find that you remember all their logos be it Nike or Apple.
So, how you could create a compelling logo design for your customers? All you need to do is to be aware of some of the most generic, overdone logos in the market while designing/ordering a logo. But first let’s explain what a generic logo means.
What Does A Generic Logo Mean?
Generic logos are logo designs that have symbols, shapes, or elements that are common and have been used many many times before. Even if the idea is original, they don’t bring any originality to the design. Some are even used that often, that you know exactly what the original is. For instance, we are tired of seeing globes representing a brand as a global one. Let’s have a look at the most common concepts of various industries:
01. Finances – Logos having initials of the name of the company arranged with a geometric shape are quite common. Don’t ever use the concept shown below if you want to have the edge over other designers.
02. Real Estate – The world of real estate logos are filled with generic logos designs having sloping roofs, buildings or square windows. There is no uniqueness in such logo designs. Instead, try and create something different.
03. Technology , Internet – Generic Logos for internet and technology companies have one thing in common – a globe with lines that symbolise connectivity or the wifi symbol. All these concepts are quite familiar, indeed.
04. Medical, Health – These are the most overused and generic of all the industries, mostly due to the profession. There are certain symbols and shapes whose meanings are known universally, and therefore a designer must use them. However, using symbols such as a cross sign or a heart shape makes it hard for the designers to create something unique.
05. Environmental – We all know that environmentalists love trees, leaves earth and want to protect the entire world. But you don’t have to use these images every time you make a logo related to the environment.
06. Dental – We all know dentists clean teeth! Generic logos from dentistry field has an image of a tooth, always. Search on Google for dental logos, and you’ll find images of tooth everywhere.
07. Shopping – If you walk through the city centre or shop on the internet, you will encounter some symbols, surely more than once. These are also often used in logo designs, even if we see them everywhere.
Want To Know If Your Design Is Generic or Not?
If you want to know the image that you have as logo design that have already used by others, all you need to do is do a google image search. You will find a lot of images in use by various companies.
Avoid using those images. For instance, if you search for dental clinic + logos, you will find most of the companies using an similar image of tooth in their logo designs.
A logo is extremely importany part of any business. It reflects identity, ideas and culture. As a client, your aim should demand and expect unique creation and memorable logo design.